Saturday 11 April 2015

How To Root An Android

I have not rooted any smartphone before until today. The reason I had no guts in doing this is, smartphones are expensive that I can not afford to turn into a paper weight, just in case I make a mistake. And the fact that I am happy with the device's restrictions as I do not have further idea of what to make use of it when in case I am successful in breaking it free from the walls of android.

Why do I decided to root my phone then? Honestly, the unit is old, an S3 which I have handed over to my daugther that she managed to crack the screen that also rendered a fault in it's microphone. That's where the gut came from and also the desire to use restricted applications like pocket snoopers, those programs that can steal passwords in a non secured free wi-fi or those who browse with http instead of https.

Kingo Android Root


This is the software that I used for this post. Why? this is the first one on the list when I asked google how to do it. In fact at the start I do not know what I was doing. As rooting the phone will require sometime for the transformation here are the things needed which should be available handy.


  • USB cable. If possible, use the original usb cable supplied with your device.
Advert:
Buy S3 USB cable

  • Power. The phone is recommended to have at least 50% battery power. Just plug it in to the mains before rooting it or your laptop and begin when it reaces 50%.
  • USB debugging on. This should be turned on to facilitate read and write operation of files. To turn this on, go to settings>more>developer options>tick USB debugging.




  • Launch Kingo Root application and connect your phone with the USB cable. If at this point the program does not recognize your phone, it is either you have a loose connection or broken USB cable, but most possibly USB debugging is not enabled. 





  • If the connection is established, you can proceed and click the root button. Your phone screen will show the applications interface (5) and the ongoing events (6).






  • Be patient as the process will take sometime. The phone would turn blank then turn on and may say downloading items many times that it seems like just doing the process in a loop. Once finished, your computer will say the rooting is successful(7) and so with the phone's screen(8). You may now restart your mobile phone!




Last Words:


Now that my old phone is rooted, there are more things that I can do. I can install softwares that are only for rooted devices. Some examples are apps for intercepting data, "discreetly unsharing your home wi-fi connection"(9), overclocking your phone, deleting bloatwares and many more.

Remember that this is just for instructional purpose and not an encouragement to root your device. As when you do, your warranty becomes void and could not update (10)your device normally!



No comments:

Post a Comment

google.com, pub-9356159227116695, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

ShareThis

Popular Posts